FREE Family Day fun for kids of all ages is only footsteps away at Family Day on Toronto’s Waterfront presented by The Waterfront BIA on Monday, February 17 along the Waterfront, from 10am until 6pm. Watch dog sport demos, create arts and crafts, discover Inuit art and warm up with a hot drink! Visit www.waterfrontbia.com or call 416-596-9821 for more information.
WOOFJOCKS CANINE ALL STARS @ PAWSWAY – 11:30am / 1pm / 2:30pm / 4pm
Visit PawsWay (245 Queens Quay West) for FREE, furry family fun! Activities include pet themed face-painting, arts, crafts and lots of FREE games and prizes courtesy of Purina Dog Chow! All shows are FREE. Visit www.pawsway.ca for more information.
Purveyors of dog-approved fun, the Woofjocks Canine All Stars will be doing demos of today’s most popular canine sports. The Woofjocks are a high-energy dog/handler performance team specializing in interactive games and demonstrations of canine agility and obedience. After each show, they do a ‘meet & greet’ where children come out onto the floor and meet the dogs and have photos taken.
It wouldn’t be Family Day on Toronto’s Waterfront without a collection of colourful clowns. Pockets and Bilboa the Clowns will perform two 20-minute magic shows, make balloon animals and assist the talented Ester in creating pet themed face painting for the boys and girls.
FREE ADMISSION AND ACTIVITIES @ MUSEUM OF INUIT ART – 10am – 6pm
Visit the Museum of Inuit Art (MIA) (207 Queens Quay West) and explore one of Canada’s national treasures. MIA offers a space where Inuit artistic expressions, both past and present, spark immersive experiences for visitors and is the only museum devoted exclusively to Inuit art south of the Canadian Arctic. Admission is FREE all day!
Get hands-on with objects from the MIA educational collection to learn about properties of the materials being used by Inuit artists and how this impacts the art being produced in the Arctic today.
Discover Inuit art! In honour of Family Day, the museum will be launching their new Adventure Pack program. Families are invited to get up close and personal with the collection through fun-filled activities they can complete at their own pace. Information about culture, history and lifestyle will be revealed as you are sent on an adventure through the museum in search of details in objects on display. Use the Inuktitut words you’ve learn while exploring the museum to solve a word puzzle. Create an object-based poem and much more.
Take FREE guided tours of the museum at 11:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm and 3:30pm.
For more information on Family Day activities at MIA, visit www.miamuseum.ca
FREE CRAFTS @ QUEEN’S QUAY TERMINAL – 12pm – 4pm
Come to Queen’s Quay Terminal (207 Queens Quay West) and enjoy FREE Crafts for a fun-packed afternoon together with your children! Let your inner artist out and create your own family portrait button or family tree collage, colour and have your face painted by the sensational Artbarn face painters!
All crafts are provided by Artbarn School. Artbarn School has been offering quality art experiences to adults and children in North Toronto since 2005. They are a registered charity and provide scholarships to talented children who otherwise are unable to attend their classes. For more information about the school visit www.artbarnschool.com
WINTER WARM-UP RETURNS – 10am – 6pm
Bring your own insulated travel mug into the following local businesses for a FREE hot refill:
- Indian Roti House – 256 Queens Quay W. (east of Rees Street) – masala chai tea
- Iron Rose Tea Gallery – 228 Queens Quay W. (Suite #9 – entrance on Simcoe Street) – tea of the day or hot mulled apple cider
- Lick It Gelato – 250A Queens Quay W. (east of Rees Street) – coffee or hot chocolate
- Music Garden Cafe – 466 Queens Quay W. (west of Spadina) – coffee or hot chocolate
- Rabba Fine Foods – 252 Queens Quay W. (east of Rees Street) – Brown Gold single coffee (origin roasts) or tea
- RBC Insurance & Sobeys – 207 Queens Quay W. (Queen’s Quay Terminal – west of York Street) – coffee or hot chocolate
- The Wine Shop – 228 Queens Quay W. (at Simcoe Street) – 1 oz samples of Panama Jack’s Cream Wine Liquor on its own or with coffee
* Samples will be offered after 11am and must be consumed inside the store as per legal restrictions.
- Williams Fresh Cafe – 245 Queens Quay West (east of Rees Street) – coffee or hot chocolate
Visit www.waterfrontbia.com or call 416-596-9821 for more information.