For Immediate Release

SFS logo+slogan 2012.03.10B2

Toronto, ON – March, 2014 – Did you know that silencing a squeaky floor does not mean having to replace the entire floor? Toronto based Silent Floor Solutions, the first company to perfect an eco friendly process of treating squeaks without a large scale renovation. Visit www.silentfloor.ca for more information.

Squeaky floors are often the result of structural wear and defects originating from loose joists, distortion in subfloors, moving elements within ceilings or walls, spaces forming between floor boards due to drying and rotting and loose nails, screws or worn hardwood boards rubbing together.
“Many people living with squeaky floors in their homes or condos think that nothing can be done to fix them,” states Lev Remennik, Co-Founder, Silent Floor Solutions. “The squeak is typically a result of a hurried construction process, variation in moisture levels in the home, loosening fasteners or a myriad of other contributing factors.”

When a squeak interferes with your daily life, it’s time to find a solution. Squeaky floors and stairs can waken sleeping babies and family members or be a loud disturbance to downstairs neighbours. Silent Floor Solutions’ patent-pending process uses engineered technology to eliminate the squeak and prevent new squeaks from forming in hardwood, parquet, carpet and stairs by stabilizing the internal layers of wood flooring where squeaks originate so that homeowners do not have to replace the entire floor.

“If you can’t afford to replace an entire floor, have heritage flooring you want to keep, or have a new but squeaky floor, we have developed a cost effective and eco-friendly solution that will eliminate the squeak from your floor,” adds Lev. “Depending on the scale of the project, repair and restoration can take anywhere from one to three visits, but most cases require only one visit. The work is done directly from the floor surface so there is no demolition, no renovation, little to no mess or wasted material and no noticeable marks left after the treatment.”

Silent Floor Solutions Step by Step process:

  • During the initial comprehensive consultation and assessment, Silent Floor Solutions inspects the floor and evaluates the problem areas to determine the project scope, size and price.
  • The problem areas are taped off in small sections and work is done only in the identified problem areas so daily routines are not interrupted, even during the repair stages.
  • Tiny holes are strategically drilled into the floor.
  • Silent Floor Solutions uses a unique adhesive that is applied to the internal layers of flooring through the small holes to stabilize the internal structures of the floor to eliminate the squeak.
  • The holes are then finished, making the results virtually invisible.

After looking for years for a company to reduce the squeaking floors in her 60 year old bungalow, Kathrine Becker first discovered Silent Floor Solutions at a home show and booked an appointment immediately.

“I think we broke the record for most squeaks in a bungalow,” laughs Kathrine. “We had carpeting for 18 years and knew the floor underneath was squeaky. It was a full three day job and labour intensive. We are extremely happy with the results and can walk without the loud squeaking.”

Silent Floor Solutions’ innovative process and technology guarantees a measurable difference in sound by eliminating 95% of squeaky floors and reducing the severity of the remaining 5% of squeaks. The process is a permanent solution to the specific area treated and should outlast the floor itself.

About Silent Floor Solutions:

It started with a loud sound coming from one particular spot in Lev Remennik’s house that was disturbing his family’s sleep and interfering with their daily routines. After months of interrupted sleep, he decided it was time to silence his squeaky floor once and for all. After approaching experts for advice and receiving no real solution other than the suggestion to change the floors entirely, Lev decided to take matters into his own hands. A mechanical engineer, he drew on his knowledge and resources and began experimenting on that one spot in his house, until the squeak was gone for good! Together with his son Mark, Lev continued to perfect the method and silenced a few other squeaky spots in their house as well as in the houses of family and friends. Gradually, they developed a complete system for repairing squeaky floors. Four years and hundreds of silent houses later, Silent Floor Solutions shares their stories, knowledge, experience, tips and advice to answer questions and provide solutions. For more information, visit www.silentfloor.ca or call 647-427-4260.

– 30 –