FREE Family Day fun for kids of all ages is only footsteps away at Family Day on Toronto’s Waterfront presented by The Waterfront BIA on Monday, February 16, from 10am until 6pm. Watch dog sport demos, create arts and crafts, discover Inuit art and warm up with a hot drink! Visit www.waterfrontbia.com or call 416-596-9821 for more information.
WOOFJOCKS CANINE ALL STARS @ PURINA PAWSWAY – 12:00pm / 1:30pm / 3:30pm
Visit Purina PawsWay (245 Queens Quay West) for FREE, furry family fun! Activities include pet themed face-painting, arts, crafts and lots of games and prizes courtesy of Purina Dog Chow! All shows are FREE. Visit www.pawsway.ca for more information.
Purveyors of dog-approved fun, the Woofjocks Canine All Stars will be doing demos of today’s most popular canine sports. The Woofjocks are a high-energy dog/handler performance team specializing in interactive games and demonstrations of canine agility and obedience. After each show, they do a ‘meet & greet’ where children come out onto the floor and meet the dogs and have photos taken.
It wouldn’t be Family Day on Toronto’s Waterfront without a collection of colourful clowns. Pockets and Bilboa the clowns will perform two 20-minute magic shows, make balloon animals and assist the talented Ester in creating pet themed face painting for the boys and girls.
FREE ADMISSION AND ACTIVITIES @ MUSEUM OF INUIT ART – 10am – 6pm
Visit the Museum of Inuit Art (MIA) (207 Queens Quay West) and explore one of Canada’s national treasures. MIA offers a space where Inuit artistic expressions, both past and present, spark immersive experiences for visitors and is the only museum devoted exclusively to Inuit art south of the Canadian Arctic. Admission is FREE all day! For more information on Family Day activities at MIA, visit www.miamuseum.ca/whats-on/mia-events.
Discover Inuit art! Recent discoveries about MIA’s permanent collection are unlocked with the newest special exhibition, “Stories from the Vault”. Delve behind the scenes with the Collections Team as hidden facts are revealed about works on display that will have you looking at these pieces in new ways.
Become a detective as you get hands-on with objects from MIA educational.
Take FREE guided tours of the museum at 10:30am, 11:30am and 4:30pm.
NEW – WARM-UP WITH A TASTE OF ITALY – noon – 6pm
As an added bonus, warm-up with FREE pizza from Bar Milano!
• Bar Milano – 207 Queens Quay W. – Unit 150 (at York Street)
WINTER WARM-UP RETURNS – 10am – 6pm
Warm-up with your family by enjoying a tasty variety of complimentary hot beverages and keep warm from the inside out, all day long on Toronto’s Waterfront! Bring your own insulated travel mug into the following local businesses for a FREE hot refill:
• AMPM Coffee – 89 Queens Quay W. (east of York Street)
– coffee and tea along with a buy one get one free coupon for lattes, bubble tea or smoothies
• Amsterdam BrewHouse – 245 Queens Quay W. South Building (east of Rees Street)
– hot chocolate
• Indian Roti House – 256 Queens Quay W. (east of Rees Street)
– masala chai tea
• Iron Rose Tea Gallery – 228 Queens Quay W. (Suite #9 – entrance on Lower Simcoe Street)
– tea of the day or hot mulled apple cider
• Music Garden Cafe – 466 Queens Quay W. (west of Spadina Avenue)
– coffee or hot chocolate
• Rabba Fine Foods – 252 Queens Quay W. (east of Rees Street)
– Brown Gold coffee or Higgins and Burke tea
• Shoeless Joe’s – 249 Queens Quay W. (east of Rees Street)
– hot chocolate, coffee, decaf coffee or tea
• Starbucks – 10 Lower Spadina (at Queens Quay W.) and 208 Queens Quay W. (at York Street)
– tall coffee or kid’s hot chocolate
• Tim Hortons – 249 Queens Quay W. (at Rees Street)
– small original coffee, decaf coffee, dark roast blend coffee, tea or hot chocolate
• The Watermark Irish Pub and Restaurant – 207 Queens Quay W. – Unit 140 (at York Street)
– hot chocolate
• Williams Fresh Cafe – 245 Queens Quay W. North Building (east of Rees Street)
– signature blend coffee
• The Wine Shop – 228 Queens Quay W. (at Lower Simcoe Street)
– 1 oz samples of Panama Jack’s Cream Wine Liquor on its own or with coffee or hot chocolate
* Samples will be offered after 11am and must be consumed inside the store as per legal restrictions.